I enjoy a great salad, especially in the summer. This salad features berries that are in season during the summer, and all food tastes best when it is in season! Now typically I would not put these berries with a kale salad, because for whatever reason, I usually eat my kale salad with purple onions and cranberries. But hey, you gotta switch your greens up every once in a while, right? Lol! No really, all I had was kale so I thought I would give it a try. Kale can be a little bitter sometimes, especially raw. I mean, it’s not the mildest of greens. It has a distinct flavor that comes through LOUDLY in its raw form.
Surprisingly, I had no issues with the flavor once I massaged the dressing into it. Of course the berries gave it some sweetness. It was perfect for my palate, but my family though???? I just knew they would reject it only because they are not raw kale eaters. Kale chips, kale spaghetti, sautéed kale, and a southern pot-of-greens with kale, uhhh yeah. They have no problem with that! Knowing how they are, I just did not think they would want any. But, they had it and raved about it! Soooo, that’s why I am sharing it with you. It’s fast, fabulous, healthy and delicious. I hope you’ll try it, love it, and feed it to your family too!
- 1 Bunch Kale
- 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Raw Organic Honey
- 1 Cup Strawberries, Quartered
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- Feta Cheese Crumbles to Taste
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Remove stems from kale and place leaves in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, and honey
- Drizzle the mixture over the kale, massage the kale for 2-3 minutes, until kale is tender and dressing is evenly distributed onto all the kale.
- Add berries, feta, salt, and pepper.
- Fabulous Tip: Use plastic gloves to massage kale.